Application matters

You are eligible to apply for our master’s program as long as you meet at least one of the requirements listed below:

Conditions to apply for the 1st year of our master’s program (M1)

  • having obtained or being in the process of validating a Licence 3 or a  Bachelor’s degree (science related)
  • being a physiotherapist or a 4th year student in a physiotherapist school
NB. Even if your Bachelor’s degree is a 4 or 5 year program as it is the case in some countries, You MUST apply for the M1.


Conditions to apply directly for the 2nd year of our master’s program (M2)

  • For students in science or engineering:
    •  having obtained or being in the process of validating a Master 1
    • having obtained or being in the process of validating a Master’s degree 
    • being a 3rd year student in an engineering school
    • being a 2nd year student in an engineering school (particularly Arts et Métiers, Mines Paris Tech/PSL, Chimie ParisTech/PSL and ESPCI Paris/PSL) affiliated with the Master BME  Paris master’s program for a double diploma
    •  being a 2nd year student at ENS Paris/PSL
  • For students and graduates in medicine, pharmacy or dentistry:
    • being a 3rd year student in a Medicine-Science or Pharmacy-Science program (including those of Université de Paris or l’Ecole de l’Inserm Liliane Bettencourt) provided that you validate a total of 240 ECTS by the end of the present academic year
    • being an resident (« interne ») or a Doctor of Medicine (MD), Pharmacy (Pharm.D), Dental Surgery (DDS) or Dental Medicine (DMD)
  • For physiotherapists or 4th year students in physiotherapist schools: you can apply directly for the M2 only if you are able to prove that you attended an additional research oriented curriculum (formation complémentaire à et pour la recherche)

NB. The admission committee reserves the right to propose engineering students’ applications for a M1 (instead of a M2) after examining their applications and according to their background.

NB. If you apply for the wrong year (M2 instead of M1 or the other way round), the examination of your application will be delayed.

If you are a Non-European candidate and come from a country affected by the « Etudes en France » procedure, you must apply on both Campus France and the BME Paris website in parallel. For more details, please check our « Immigration matters » section on the Application page.

Please check our « Immigration matters » section on the Application page. And do not forget to apply on the BME Paris master’s program website in parallel.

No, you can’t and even if your Bachelor’s degree is a 4 or 5 year program as it is the case in some countries. You MUST apply for the M1.

See the pre-requisites in the application page for more details.

Yes, you can. The earlier you apply, the better it is.

You can apply ahead of time and explain in your application that you will be sending the last transcripts when you get them. If your application is competitive enough, you can be interviewed and receive a positive reply. In the letter you will receive, it will be mentioned that you are authorized to enroll into our program provided that you validate your current degree at the end of the schoolyear. Of course, you will then need to send us the proof of validation as soon as possible.

There are no minimum GPA/grade requirements. Your application must be competitive enough for you to be pre-selected for an interview (in person or via Skype). The keys to be authorized to enroll in our program are excellence, motivation and compatibility of your professional plans.

No, you don’t. ALL courses are taught in English. You do not have to attach a French language certificate to your application. Foreign students will be offered optional weekly French classes.

Your level of English should be good enough so you can actually understand what is said during classes. Level C1 is required.

Your level of English will be verified during the interview if your application is pre-selected. The level we expect is a C1 level (or equivalent). You can check the English language test equivalency table: https://www.ef.fr/tests-anglais/comparaison-tests/convertisseur-score/

The CV and letter of personal statement MUST be in English.

We accept the following documents in English or French only:

  • Transcripts
  • Diplomas
  • English language certificate
  • Letters of recommendation sent directly by your referees
If those documents are in a different language, you must have them translated into either English or French in order for your application to be examined.

In English only.

Yes, they can. We accept letters of recommendation in French and English only.

No, you need to apply again as if it was the first time.

You can apply directly for the M2 only if you are a “cadre de santé” (if you have done the extra fourth year which awards you this title). Otherwise, you have to apply for the M1.

Check the prerequisites on the application page.

You can apply for this master's both under the “formation initiale” or the “formation continue”.

The formation initiale will concern most students.

The formation continue is for students who have been working for at least two years. It is not a choice but an obligation. If you are in that case, you must tick the following box in the application form: I am a «mature» student. I have been working for at least two years. I need to apply through the continuing education process (formation continue). The cost is different (around 5700€ per year) but there is a possibility that your employer finance your studies.

No, you can’t. We receive so many applications that we cannot check them individually before the current batch ends. It is YOUR responsibility. If it is not complete before the end of the current batch (example: 1 letter of recommendation missing), it will not be examined and will be moved to the next batch and so on.

The only documents that may be missing in your application are:

  • your transcript from the last semester of your current studies (which you will need to send as soon as you get it)
  • your last diploma (which you can send later as long as your transcripts establish that you validated the corresponding degree)
  • your English language certificate (you must attach a document that explains why. For example, you will be taking the test at a given later date and will send the results as soon as you get them, or you are exempted from providing the certificate because you have been attending an English-taught program, etc.).

In any case, you MUST NOT send an email to the administrative coordinator to ask if your application is complete or not.

Yes, you will get a confirmation email stating that your application was submitted successfully (not that it is complete though). 

We accept almost every certification in English language as long as you obtained the equivalent of a C1 level (check the table of equivalence: https://www.ef.fr/tests-anglais/comparaison-tests/convertisseur-score/).

The most common tests are: TOEIC, TOEFL, Cambridge, IELTS.

"To Whom It May Concern:" is suitable.

Financial matters

International students can apply for different scholarships which can vary from year to year (Eiffel, MIEM for now).

Warning: the deadlines for our program are earlier than the Campus France or Ile-de-France deadlines. The dates which appear on our website should be considered bindingand prevail over the dates announced on other websites.

Example : the deadlines to send back your complete application for the Eiffel scholarship via Université de Paris is December 10th of each year (while it is in January on the Campus France website but you must not take their deadline into account).

We strongly recommend that you look for other scholarships on your side (ask the French embassy in your country) because French scholarships are extremely competitive and they usually give priority to new comers, ie students who have never been to France before.

Read the dedicated sections on the Application page.

For European students, tuition is around 250 € per year for a M1 (including social security) and around 700€ for a M2 (including the fees for the mandatory interdisciplinary seminar) to be paid in September.
For students from other nations, we do not have the information yet. Here is the information provided by the Campus France website.

No additional tuition is asked for internship or thesis. Expenses for books and educational material are around 350 € per year. Living in Paris is expensive.
For example, the cost of a room for students at the Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris is between 500 and 700 € per month.

For students who have been working at least two years, they must apply through the "formation continue" procedure and the cost will be around 5700€ per year.

We do not have the information yet. As soon as we receive the information, it will be online on the Application Page, in the Expenses section.

Applying for our program is completely free.

Practical matters

Yes, it is. All students (M1 and M2) must attend. It usually takes place on the first Tuesday of the first week of September (cf date on the Application page). Students must be registered at their respected school/university before the kick-off meeting.

It is mandatory for all M2 students (no M1s allowed though). When applying for our program, you have to make sure that you are available to go offsite all week for the interdisciplinary seminar. It takes place during the second week of September each year (cf dates on the Application page).

It is a full time program. You will not be able to work on the side unless it is a student job which doesn’t take more than a few hours a week. No schedule will be provided before the kick-off meeting.

The Biomechanics/Health Science subtrack (for clinicians only) has a different organization though. Please check with the subtrack chairs directly.

We do not provide a schedule before the kick-off meeting. You must know that it is a full-time program and we do not recommend for you to have a job on the side especially because personal work will take as much time as classes.

The first semester starts the first week of September (knowing that you have to be registered before the semester starts), then there is a two week break for Christmas and New Year's and then the second semester starts and ends mid-July or mid-September depending on the track you attend (cf dates on the Application page).

It depends on the year and the track you choose:

    - M1, M2 MCB and M2 BIM: most classes will take place at the Campus Saint-Germain-des-Prés, 45 rue des Saints Pères 75006 Paris

    - M2 BioMAT or BioMECH: most classes will take place at Arts & Métiers, 151 boulevard de l’Hôpital 75013 Paris

   - M2 BIN: most classes take place at  ESPCI Paris, 10 rue Vauquelin 75005 Paris, at Arts et Métiers and at the Campus Saint-Germain-des-Prés

Université de Paris, PSL and Arts & Métiers are located in the center of Paris and does not have a campus allowing housing. So, you will have to look for yourself. You can find tips in our international student guides (Application page).

No, you can’t. The BME Paris master's program is only open for traditional courses. Students MUST attend ALL courses.

No, the school year starts in September only.

Absolutely not. You must be present from the very beginning of the year. The kick-off meeting is mandatory and takes place on the first Tuesday of September (cf date on the Application page).


Warning: the earlier you will get it is the following November. If you need a document before that, you can ask for an "attestation de réussite/validation".


If you need your diploma before it is available, you can ask the registrar’s office of the school you were registered at for an attestation de "réussite/validation":

It is actually a Master's Degree. It is neither a Master of Science Degree, nor an Engineer's Degree.

We do not provide a detailed syllabus before the kick-off meeting. All courses are described on the different program pages.