Warning: you must submit an application on the BME Paris portal for EACH scholarship you are applying for.
Example: if you wish to apply for Eiffel and Smarts-UP scholarships, you must submit 2 applications.
Notice 1: the deadline to apply for the Eiffel scholarship in order to attend the BME Paris Master’s Program is earlier than the Campus France deadline. Our deadline to send your complete application is November 18th 2022 11:59pm (for a September 2023 entry).
If you are applying for the Eiffel scholarship in order to attend the BME Paris Master’s Program, you must apply between October 28th 1pm and November 18th 2022 11:59pm CET for the academic year 2023-2024.
Notice 2: you cannot apply for the Eiffel scholarship on your own by contacting Campus France, Université Paris Cité, PSL University or Arts et Métiers directly. You MUST follow the procedure described below.
Notice 3: we are well aware that the regular application process for the BME Paris Master’s Program opens in January. That is why we open the early application phase for scholarship applicants ONLY. If you fill out the application form for the Eiffel scholarship, you will NOT need to apply again during the regular application process on our portal.
1st step: Check if you are eligible for the Eiffel scholarship in the Eiffel program guide (https://www.campusfrance.org/en/eiffel-scholarship-program-of-excellence) AND make sure you are eligible to apply for the BME Paris Master’s Program by reading the Prerequisites and Eligibility section.
Warning: if you are not eligible and apply for the Eiffel scholarship anyway, your application will be automatically rejected and will not be considered for the BME Paris Master’s Program at all.
2nd step: to be completed between October 28th 1pm and November 18th 2022 11:59pm CET
- Check the track you wish to attend: M1, M2 BIM, M2 BIN, M2 BioMAT, M2 BioMECH or M2 MCB –> check the program of the different tracks NB. Check the prerequisites on top of this page because if you have a Bachelor’s degree, you cannot apply for a M2 track
- Apply on the dedicated portal by clicking on the button below
- Make sure your application is complete by November 18th 2022 including the two reference letters by personally reminding your referees (there is an online form for referees in the application form you are about to fill out)
- Submit it before November 18th 2022 11:59pm CET
3rd step: to be completed before November 18th 2022 11:59pm CET
- Prepare a ZIP file entitled » EIFFEL23/24_LAST_LAST_NAME » with all the following pdf documents:
- Photocopy of passport or national ID card
- Curriculum vitae in English (2 pages max)
- Copy of transcripts since entering higher education
- Academic ranking from the previous year (optional but highly recommended to prove your excellence). If your university does not systematically issue this document, you should ask the person in charge of your course to issue a signed certificate mentioning your ranking.
- Higher education diplomas
- English language certificate if it is not the native language
- Letter of motivation/professional project of the candidate in English or French (1 to 2 pages, explaining the choice of studies in France in relation to previous studies and future professional career).
- Letter of recommendation from academic and professional referees (max 3 letters)
- Send the ZIP file to the International Mobility Department of Université de Paris: email@example.com
Please indicate that you are applying to the Eiffel Scholarship for the BME Paris Master’s program.
4th step: If your application is selected by the BME Paris committee, you will be informed by email early December 2022
Upon complete application, you will be either :
- Selected to be presented for the Eiffel scholarship and have a secured position in our program whether you obtain the Eiffel scholarship or not
- Not selected to be presented for the Eiffel scholarship but be authorized to enroll in our program
- Not selected to be presented for the Eiffel scholarship but you’ll have your application examined during the first batch of examination in order for your application to be assessed for an entry in the BME Paris Master’s Program
- Not selected to be presented for the Eiffel scholarship nor the BME Paris Master’s Program
Notice 4: we strongly recommend that you look for other scholarships on your side (ask the French embassy in your country) because the Eiffel scholarship is extremely competitive and it gives priority to new comers, i.e. students who have never been to France before. If you are already living in France at the time you are applying, the program chairs will not select your application.
Notice 5: if you are a regular applicant (meaning that you are not applying for Eiffel, Smarts-UP or PSL PhD Track Grant), you must wait until January 16th 2023 to apply on our portal. If you apply before that date, your application will be automatically rejected.
Read the FAQ page for more details.